The Sport and Exercise Scientist Advisory Board - positions available
16th October 2018
There are four positions available on The Sport and Exercise Scientist Editorial Advisory Board:
- Sport and Performance columnist (similar to the column for Physical Activity for Health that Prof John Saxton FBASES currently writes)
- Sport and Performance rep
- Biomechanics and Motor Behaviour rep (2 positions).
If you are energetic, highly organised, detail-oriented and up-to-date with current developments, then a position on The Sport and Exercise Scientist Editorial Advisory Board may be for you.
The persons appointed will take over responsibility for identifying relevant articles and appropriate authors, and reviewing the content of the publication. We have four 90-minute reviewing and planning phone-meetings per year and e-mail correspondence in between.
The Sport and Performance columnist will be responsible for writing an 800-word column each issue (similar to the column for Physical Activity for Health that Prof John Saxton FBASES currently writes). The appointed individual would be expected to commit to writing a column for a year (4 issues).
Please contact the Editor, Dr Claire Hitchings firstname.lastname@example.org (please note I am away 20-27 October).
How to apply
The application deadline is Tuesday 13 November. Please provide:
- A brief CV
- A brief overview of relevant information about your suitability for the post based on the person specification and abilities below (please specify which post(s) you are applying for).
Please email: email@example.com
- Familiarity with current issues within sport and exercise sciences.
- Good honours degree.
- BASES member.
- Normally be expected to be BASES accredited or be able to demonstrate a level of experience and competence equivalent.
- Able to identify potential hot topic articles and authors.
- Able to identify appropriate articles from a variety of expert sources.
- Strong editing, proofreading and fact-checking skills.
- Excellent organisational, time management, communication, interpersonal and writing skills.
- Able to work closely with others in a team environment and independently.
- Able to achieve targets with tight deadlines.
- Able to network and build relationships with potential authors and BASES members.