BASES Conference early bird booking deadline - 13 September
4th September 2019
There is just over one week left to secure your delegate place at discounted early bird rates for BASES Conference 2019. The early bird booking deadline is Friday 13 September at 5pm.
The conference will be held at the King Power Stadium, Leicester, on 19-20 November 2019.
Conference Programme Highlights
With 16 plenary sessions including keynotes, lectures, workshops and symposia, the conference programme has something for everyone.
Here is a selection of highlights from this year's conference programme:
- The biomechanics of wheelchair mobility: elite athletes and clinical populations
- Biomechanical analysis of walking behaviour and gait patterns: research, impact and implications
- Exercise and health psychology: innovative intervention strategies to improve health and psychosocial outcomes
- “Green exercise”: the influence of environment on physical activity, health and wellbeing
- Exercise and immune function in elite athletes
- Nutrition, supplement use and prohibited substances in sport: issues, challenges and solutions
- Placebo effects in sport and exercise
- Health and mental wellbeing in performance sport: an interdisciplinary approach
- Rugby World Cup 2019 special: the role of the sport scientist in player development and preparation for elite team sport competitions
- “Lab to field” athlete testing workshop: applications of cycle-based exercise for team sport athletes
The conference will be opened with an invited keynote from Professor Carl Foster –Translating science to coaching in performance sport and the conference will be closed with an invited keynote from Professor Mike Weed and Sarah Ruane - Is it possible to shift the curve of sport and physical activity participation?